Sean & Regina Daigre
Stronger Than You Think
Day 10 of 21 Days. Stronger than you think. There are some things that you would like to do differently this year. There are goals you've never done before but you want to see it happen. Maybe you haven't mapped out a plan to accomplish those things yet, but you know that you want to see different things happen and have new experiences in 2020. But the big question is, are you strong enough to do it?
* I need more strength to start a new career or to open a new business.
* I need more strength to finish school.
* I need more strength to save my marriage.
* I need more strength to exercise, eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle.
But in Isaiah 41:10, God says... "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
You're stronger than you think.
* I need more strength to conquer illicit and immoral desires.
* I need more strength to resist pornography and to stop living an undisciplined, raunchy lifestyle.
* I need more strength to stop smoking weed, abusing drugs and drinking alcohol.
But in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, God says, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
You are stronger than you think.
Again, you think...
* I need more strength to control my tongue out of respect and honor for someone else.
* I need more strength to work hard and sacrifice in order to reach my financial goals.
* I need more strength to resist anger and to forgive when someone mistreats me.
But in I Corinthians 10:13 we are taught that, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
God is saying, you are stronger than you think.
Then you think...
* I need more strength to apologize after responding to someone in anger
* I need more strength to love unkind, unworthy and unlovable people
* I need more strength to see the bigger picture even though it will be painful to do so.
* I need more strength to go the extra mile for the good of someone else, even when it will not personally benefit me.
Once again, Joshua 1:9 says, "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."
Regardless of how many times we face obstacles that challenge our faith and block our goals to live well, God keeps on reminding us of one, simple, fact ~ you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Phil 4:13).
Friends, you are stronger than you think.
Heavenly Father, I hear You. I am stronger than my mind allows me to think. That's why I walk by faith and not by my minds ability to see or understand what's happening all around me. Lord, I take Jesus Christ as my advocate and high priest. I believe every word that You have spoken about me. And this year, every time I think I'm too weak, frail, or not strong enough to win, I will listen to Your voice telling me, I'm stronger than I think. This year, I am strapping on the armour of God, being renewed in the spirit of my mind, discovering strength in the Lord Jesus Christ and Lord, I am firmly standing in the power of Your might because You have made me stronger than I think. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen!
Inspiring Hope, Seasoning Faith, Pastor Sean
P.S.: If you don't know Jesus as your Lord and Savior and want to be born again, pray this prayer aloud:
Lord God, forgive me for my sins. I ask Jesus to come into my heart. I make Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. Amen.
Find a church home where the word of God is being taught and Jesus Christ is being lifted up. Study the bible. Love one another, serve, and lead.